Today in Middletown: What You Need to Know Today (Mon Sep 27)
Happy Monday, people of Middletown! Here are the most important things happening in the city today.
Are you a local business owner or trader in Middletown? Our premium local sponsorships keep you on top of inboxes in town every morning. Contact us here for the truth.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Clear all day. High: 79 Low: 64.
Here are the best stories in Middletown today:
- Youth suicide – alarming numbers in New Jersey (New Jersey 101.5 FM)
- New York Giants 0-3 after another late basket loss (Middletown Press)
- Mike ‘The Situation’ Sorrentino forbids calling the cops on his brother. “This is what hard love looks like. “(NJ.com)
- Women’s tennis: Marlboro No.4 wins second straight Monmouth County tournament (nj.com)
- 15-year-old girl killed in shooting in Trenton; 3 others injured (Middletown Press)
- Middletown Township officially opens eco-garden, Jersey Shore Girl Scouts invited to join ribbon cutting (TAPinto.net)
- Women’s football: results, links and featured coverage from Saturday, September 25 (nj.com)
- Malague and Agrawal set fastest times in Thompson Class XC meet (nj.com)
- Holy Cross 45, Monmouth (NJ) 15 (Middletown Press)
- Thrown and seriously injured motorcyclist in Jersey Shore crash (Northern Highlands Daily Voice)
- Hunterdon Central’s No.3 women’s football avoids being upset by soaring second-half (PHOTOS) (nj.com)
- Field hockey: results, links and scoreboards for Saturday, September 25 (nj.com)
- Gas prices stabilize or fall in NJ, nationwide (Middletown Press)
- Middletown South football overtakes Manalapan on a smooth pass in OT thriller (Asbury Park Press)
- Atlantic Highlands Truck Driver Killed at Rt. 287 Crash (Middletown Patch)
- 481 new COVID cases in Monmouth this week, as of Thursday (Middletown Patch)
- A Middletown man was charged with more charges during the August 12-13 criminal spree (Middletown Patch)
- East Monmouth Region Chamber of Commerce: Economic Reopening and Takeover NJ Chamber of Commerce Update: 9/23/2021 (Press Releases Office)
- Middletown, NJ cop helps 6-year-old boy with autism get to school (New Jersey 101.5 FM)
- Keansburg and Highland men charged with child pornography arrests (Middletown Patch)
Today in Middletown:
- Staff Meetings – Red Bank Borough Public School District Calendar (12:00 p.m.)
- FRIENDS & FLOWERS – Navesink Garden Club (10h00)
- Volleyball: Girls Varsity vs. Howell HS (home) (3:45 p.m.)
- Volleyball: Girls Varsity vs. Wall Township (away) (3:45 p.m.)
- Volleyball: JV Girls vs. Wall Township (Outdoor) (5:15 p.m.)
- Gr. 6 Back-to-school evening – Public schools in the canton of Holmdel (6.30 p.m.)
- Zoning Adjustment Council Meeting – Township of Middletown Councils and Committees (7:00 p.m.)
- Mater Dei preparation: “We invite the Mater Dei Prep community to warmly welcome Seraph to the following who have joined our faculty and staff this school year! Click this link to learn more: https://www.materdeiprep.org/ apps / news / article / 1500906 “(Facebook)
- Mater Dei preparation: “On September 17, 2021, students of the Mater Dei Prep Global Leaders program, in correspondence with the United Nations NGO Pathways To Peace, had the opportunity to attend the International Day of Peace 2021 conference! many subjects were discussed … “(Facebook)
- Middletown NJ Town Hall: “This past weekend, members of Old Village Fire Company Station 11, the Middletown Township Committee, along with family and friends gathered for the Christopher Roland Cassion unit dedication. Christopher was a firefighter with the MTFD… ”(Facebook)
- Middletown NJ Town Hall: “Middletown Township today announced its new website (middletownnj.org) and mobile app created by government website provider CivicPlus. “The majority of our residents rely on our website for timely and critical information, so …” (Facebook)
- Middletown Arts Center: “Join the Dunbar Repertory Company for a professional and staged read of ‘The Boarding House’ today, Sunday September 26 at 4:00 PM! Meet playwright Larry Americ Allen from San Francisco, California! ” (Facebook)
- Middletown Township Public Library: This Thursday, tweens and teens are invited to join in a thoughtful discussion of the novel, Nine, Ten: A September 11 Story. This book is available for loan from the Children’s Circulation Desk or can be downloaded from Hoopla. Register … “(Facebook)
- Middletown Arts Center: “Come today, Sunday September 26th at 4pm for this month’s musical showcase!” (Facebook)
- Middletown Township Public Library: “Forbidden Books Week begins today! Celebrate the freedom to read by instantly exploring and downloading banned or contested books @hoopladigital! #bannedbooksweek #hoopla #looktolibraries “(Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
Concerts and services:
You are now in the know and ready to go out this Monday! I’ll see you soon. If you enjoy these newsletters, consider bringing other friends and neighbors on board. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Carly Baldwin
About me: Thanks for reading Patch! Patch is America’s premier network of hyperlocal news sites. I cover Central Jersey for Patch, specifically the towns of Middletown, Matawan-Aberdeen, Woodbridge and Rutgers University. I also cover Secaucus. I have my graduate degree in journalism from Columbia University and in the past I have worked for The Jersey Journal, NJ.com, and the Metro newspaper in New York City. Complaints? To rent? Anonymous tips? You can always email me at [email protected]
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Middletown Daily? Contact [email protected] anytime.