Man hits woman and steals phone: Police: Milford News
Welcome back, Milford. Here’s all the local news, events, and community messages you need for Wednesday, November 24.
First, the weather forecast for the day:
A lot of sun. High: 46 Low: 31.
Here are the best stories in Milford today:
- Man hits woman, takes her phone and gives her money: Milford Police: The accused was charged this week on arrest warrants, police said. (Milford badge)
- Milford man sets up program to give back to veterans this holiday season: Frank Zabski, whose father was a veteran, helps war heroes. (News 12 Connecticut)
- Obituary: Mary Finn Nelson, 96, formerly from Milford (Milford badge)
- Obituary: Carol Ann Molloy Smith, 83, from Milford (Milford badge)
- Raymond Pocevic Obituary (1949 – 2021) – Milford, CT – Connecticut Post (Legacy.com)
Today’s Milford Daily is brought to you from our friends at GoodRx – the best way to save money on your prescriptions. GoodRx helps you find the lowest prices for drugs at local pharmacies, so you don’t overpay. Also works for pet medications! To see how much you can save, visit GoodRx.com.
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome (RSDSA) Association: ““ Every day I wake up in the morning and decide I’m going to live to the best of my ability. ”#CRPS Warrior Simone Somekh discusses her journey with CRPS as part of our #CRPSAwarenessMonth campaign. .” (Facebook)
- Lauralton Pavilion: “Phase II of our window project is complete! All 192 windows have been installed. This is the last pair being unboxed. As you know, we have started replacing the original Lauralton windows with phase I in 2020 with the historic Marvin … “(Facebook)
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome (RSDSA) Association: “” To refuse treatment is to deny life. “CRPS warrior Shannon Elizabeth Killebrew shares her story and tells us more about her company, Shannon’s Hope for House Calls and Home Medical Care. If you would like to share a video this month, please. ..” (Facebook)
- Pantochino Productions: “Hazel is the Little Tree! See her on stage from December 3 to 19! It’s the happiest musical of the holiday season! #milfordarts #christmas #downtownmilfordct #milfordct #connecticut # 203local ”(Instagram)
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome (RSDSA) Association: “GivingTuesday is a week away from today! Take a moment to learn more about RSDSA, our mission, our current activities and how you can donate to our organization ahead of the Annual Giving Day.” (Facebook)
- Milford CT Town Hall: Mayor Blake is joined by high school football captains Jonathan Law and Joseph A. Foran to discuss the upcoming Thanksgiving game. Watch the game live with coverage starting at 10:00 am Thursday, November 25: http … ” (Facebook)
- The Boys and Girls Club of Milford, Connecticut: “Our grateful turkeys! What are you grateful for? ” (Facebook)
- Milford United Way, Connecticut: “#mondaymotivation – It’s a community effort! Together the private sector, elected officials, nonprofits and community members can make an impact on people who are homeless. Donate today: https: //donate.chip-in.us/?nonprofitId=111. .. “(Instagram)
- Lauralton Pavilion: “We’re so #LHProud by Lauren” Noonie “Baisley ’21, LH alumnus!” (Facebook)
- Milford Public Library: “Looking for a fun activity for your 6th to 12th grade student this Friday 11/26? Join us for a Zentangle art workshop from 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Zentangle instructor and supplies provided by the FOML. Registration and masks required: https: / /docs.google.com/form … “(Facebook)
- Alumni of Lauralton Hall: “We love to see our alumni give back to their community! #LHProud #LifeAfterLH #MakeMercyReal »(Facebook)
- Milford Prevention Tip: “Recent survey data from SAMHSA shows that 4.2 million children between the ages of 12 and 17 have accessed mental health services. Learn more about how to take care of your mental health: https://milfordprevention.org/areuok/ “(Facebook)
- Bridges Healthcare, Inc .: “Bridges has seen a 40% increase in the number of children and adolescents needing mental health services over the past year, the majority coming from low-income families. Not all services are fully covered. If you would like to help, please co … “(Facebook)
- Milford Major League Baseball Junior: “We have a few of these guys! ” (Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
- New Haven painters – Free quotes on the interior, exterior and cabinets! (Visit the website)
- Real estate seller Delaney Smith – Friendly real estate agent without pressure (visit website)
- Real estate agent Nick Vicino – Chartered real estate agent buying or selling (visit website)
- R&D cleaning service – Home and office cleaning service
- Add your business here
Concerts and services:
If you like these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to read them. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Chris rhatigan
About me: Chris Rhatigan is a freelance writer and editor.
Do you have any advice or suggestion for an upcoming Milford Daily? Contact [email protected] anytime.